Thursday, September 22, 2016
XOXO Shannen and Sarah
Sunday, July 31, 2016
We are fortunate to be getting together with some truly amazing authors for a month long giveaway featuring books with strong female characters. Iris from Unexpected Gifts fits that to a tee so we're joining the party. During the month of August, click here to go to the contest page. You'll find dozens of great books, sorted by genre and heat level. Sign up for newsletter from the authors in the areas you like to read and get entered for over $2,500 in prizes. The promotion goes on for the whole month of August. Sign up, find amazing new books, and get a chance for some cash.
Monday, July 18, 2016
Unexpected Gifts comes out tomorrow from Decadent Publishing. See your favorite ebook retailer Tuesday, July 19, 2016. Check out a bit of the new novella below.
Such a colossal waste of time. That was the real bitch about all this. Iris had, of course, checked out the company website, and that whole “perfect match” crap was just that. Crap. Despite all the hearts and flowers floating around Aaron and Ramón these days, she knew better. There’s no such thing. Goddess only knew she’d known enough guys to figure that out.
Aaron had one thing right—she did like men. She liked hard, muscular bodies, rough hairy chests, and the hot spicy scent of a sweaty man. For a minute. the image of Mike Connolly the last time they all went swimming in the creek behind the farm popped into her head. Whoa! Where the hell did that come from? Having that picture show up was a little disconcerting, but she had to smile. They all called him Brother Bear for a reason. The guy’d had a thick brown pelt since they were sixteen. So much more appealing than the manscaped pretty boy barflies she’d get if she walked into that fancy lounge in this getup. Give me a real man any day.
Wednesday, June 22, 2016
1. This attack targeted the LGBT+ community. This wasn't just an ISIS attack on America, and framing it as such erases not only the lives of the Orlando victims, but the thousands of lives of queer people - particularly queer people of color - throughout history. This was an attack on a queer sanctuary, something nightclubs have been since pre-Stonewall. And leaving that out of tweets and speeches makes it disappear. I'm not having it. The shooter was a U.S. born American citizen who loved the police force, was obsessed with firearms and hated gay people. It doesn't get more American than that. And the sad part is, for the queer community
2. This isn't new. We have been murdered, raped, burned at the stake, beat with baseball bats, fists and feet. We have been denied housing, denied safety, routinely victimized and criminalized. So this, this is the result of years of societal violence, of acceptable homophobia, of legalized transphobia. We aren't surprised. But you might be, to find out
3. It's your fault. And mine. And all of ours. Every time you hear a homophobic comment and can safely refute it but refuse to do so, you are responsible. Every time you see an LGBT person being harassed but convince yourself it's none of your business, you are responsible. EVERY TIME you hold up or vote for or silently agree with a person like Mike Huckabee or Donald Trump, who oozes hatred from his very pores, or one of the hundreds on U.S. senators who have introduced more than 100 anti-LGBT bills in the last year, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE. Which brings me to a little reminder,
4. That your thoughts and prayers are worthless. They do absolutely nothing for a community that has been repeatedly marginalized. Posting a rainbow flag and a hashtag on Facebook are MEANINGLESS. Don't pray for us. Be active. Protest. Get involved. Volunteer. DO SOMETHING, because hypocritical thoughts and prayers do nothing for me. At the moment, one of the best things you can do is donate blood. No, no. No excuses. Just do it. It really is the least you can do. Keep in mind that non-celibate gay men are still discriminated against and cannot donate to help their brothers and sisters. And another thing,
5. People keep saying #stayproud. But if this hasn't demonstrated that pride is the last thing on many of our minds, I don't know what will. I will be proud and vocal and loud and obnoxious because so many of us can't. So many, including those that will be outed against their will and without their consent because of this tragedy. I've noticed time and again that allies love Pride, but don't appreciate or even know about the work that went into allowing such an event to happen. So to my LGBT+ family, I want you to be able to #stayproud. But more importantly, I want you to #staysafe.
Tuesday, June 21, 2016
Having paranormal Gifts in a world that fears what it doesn’t understand is tough. Luckily, Iris Kosta is tough too. She’s already lost her twin brother to Homeland Security's paranoia and greed; add in her job as a kickass security operative and it makes for a lonely life. Which is too bad, because Iris likes men – a lot. She makes do with plenty of dates and hook ups, convinced there’s no such thing as true love.
Mike Connolly does believe in true love, and its name is Iris. Too bad she’ll never see him as anything but one of the boys. When he finally despairs of getting anything more than friendship from her, he reaches out to Madam Eve for help in finding a woman who can eclipse his obsession.
Thanks to meddlesome relatives and Madam Eve’s talents, both Mike and Iris find themselves the recipients of some unexpected gifts. Let’s hope they can survive long enough to enjoy them.
This novella from Decadent Publishing's 1Night Stand series features some of the same Gifted characters you met in Healer and Sweet Fire. This time it's Cousin Iris's chance to find love and danger (and a sexy man.) Release date Tuesday, July 19th, 2016.
We'll be posting teasers and excerpts and giveaways throughout the month. Watch this space for more.
Monday, May 16, 2016
Thursday, April 21, 2016
Monday, February 8, 2016
Click here to go to the Facebook event.
Tuesday, January 19, 2016
- I also love pretty much every single things she's ever written.
- The seeds of inspiration for a tattoo I now have were planted by this book! When I love, I love hard.
- I laughed so hard I cried when I read this book. I stayed up all night reading it and woke up my partner laughing hysterically.